My new iPad drops the wifi and reports that the password is wrong

Since I first set up this iPad around 3 weeks ago I've had this problem. Set up was without transfers or extra apps, so the iPad is clean. Fixes I've tried are rebooting my router, doing hard reboots of the iPad, and resetting the network settings on the iPad. Apple has done remote software and hardware checks and say there are no faults. I tried the iPad on a neighbour's wifi - same problem. Finally yesterday I reinstalled the OS. All of theses actions make the iPad wifi work but for a short time only. Does anyone have experience of this? And solutions. Thanks.

iPad

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:18 AM

You appear to have tried all the obvious troubleshooting in restoring the iPad, testing with alternative WiFi networks - and seeking remote test and diagnosis by Apple.

The one thing that you haven’t tried is hands-on testing by an Apple technician at the Genius Bar of you local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where you can demonstrate the problem and receive hands-on testing:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

As described, you might he best advised to seek a warranty replacement.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 7:18 AM in response to Sago48

You appear to have tried all the obvious troubleshooting in restoring the iPad, testing with alternative WiFi networks - and seeking remote test and diagnosis by Apple.

The one thing that you haven’t tried is hands-on testing by an Apple technician at the Genius Bar of you local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where you can demonstrate the problem and receive hands-on testing:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

As described, you might he best advised to seek a warranty replacement.

My new iPad drops the wifi and reports that the password is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.