Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to back up iPhone XR with screen inoperable

iPhone X screen inoperable and need to back up so I can replace any advice? I do have an older Mac book that I can plug phone into but I can't seem to mirror iPhone

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:09 AM

You need to interact with your iPhone during backups, updates, syncing and so on.

That said, it also depends on the damage seriousness (if it fell to the ground, other internal components could have been compromised).

If you can't back it up, make an appointment at an Apple Store or AASP (they are reopening) and explain your problem. They'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giuilio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 7:09 AM in response to Vanden66

You need to interact with your iPhone during backups, updates, syncing and so on.

That said, it also depends on the damage seriousness (if it fell to the ground, other internal components could have been compromised).

If you can't back it up, make an appointment at an Apple Store or AASP (they are reopening) and explain your problem. They'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giuilio

Need to back up iPhone XR with screen inoperable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.