Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo storage help!

Hi! I have an iPhone with a busted screen but it's still on and I can hear notifications come through. I'm trying to recover photos from my iPhone 7 but not all were uploaded to iCloud since my storage is full. If I clear space by downloading and then deleting what's currently there, will the rest upload automatically?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:36 AM

Hi, this is a tough one but I can try to help. If you can clear up some space in iCloud for the photos it should work. As long as you had the phone set to auto upload everything it should still be able to upload. If you have a Mac you could connect it and then transfer all of the iPhone data to the cloud or to a hard drive. If this doesn’t work you might have to go to an Apple store and ask for help using their computer. I hope you can fix this tough situation. 👍

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 7:36 AM in response to Mroy06

Hi, this is a tough one but I can try to help. If you can clear up some space in iCloud for the photos it should work. As long as you had the phone set to auto upload everything it should still be able to upload. If you have a Mac you could connect it and then transfer all of the iPhone data to the cloud or to a hard drive. If this doesn’t work you might have to go to an Apple store and ask for help using their computer. I hope you can fix this tough situation. 👍

Jun 3, 2020 7:50 AM in response to DaCatmaster

Hi! I believe the phone was set to auto upload so I'm hoping that you're right and this works! I've tried connecting the phone to my mac directly but my mac (finder) won't recognize the connected iphone (even though a recovery program I tried using does) and I'm unable to "trust" the computer.

I would go to an apple store but the ones in my area are closed unfortunately due to the pandemic. I will let you know if this works! thanks for your help!

iCloud photo storage help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.