Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attachments

How do you send a picture as an attachment rather that a picture in mail. Tried all sorts and it will only send as a picture and my wife who has the dreaded Microsoft laptop cannot save it in her photo file if its a picture.

Many Thanks for any replies

iMac 27″, 10.15

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:50 AM

I sincerely hope the article below assists you:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/add-attachments-to-emails-mlhlp1050/mac

3 replies

Jun 3, 2020 8:23 AM in response to Grajor

When you drag an image to your e-mail message, or click the paper-clip icon and attach an image, the effect is the same.

You have no control over how that is treated on the receiving end.

I don't think that your wife's laptop really can't save the picture, but is a surefire way to make sure that the picture is not embedded in the message, and is really an attachment: send your message as plain text rather than rich text. Plain text is just that, plain text. It cannot incorporate images, by definition.

Jun 3, 2020 8:32 AM in response to Grajor

She should be able to right-click on it and choose "Save as picture" or something like that.

I think older versions of Outlook did not have that option, though.

But, as Luis noted, it is better to send things in plain text. That is how internet email is designed. Rich text, html, and any other styling (including attachments) are bolted onto the protocol and requires the recipient's email client to render it how you think it should look which doesn't actually happen in real life.

Attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.