Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes keeps opening when I end a call on my Bose QuietComfort 35 II bluetooth headset

I have a Bose QuietComfort 35 II bluetooth headset I often used connected to my Macbook Pro AND my Android phone so that I can listen to music from my computer while I work, and still answer incoming phone calls.

A few minutes ago I once again had this issue where at the end of a phone call, Itunes (recently renamed "Music") keeps opening on my Macbook Pro, for no reason.

I do not use Itunes, and would uninstall it if I could.

Bose support redirects to Apple.

I saw this Apple Community thread but it is now obsolete since Itunes changed its name to Music.

Has Apple somehow finally fixed this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 4:14 AM

This is not a user issue - doesn't happen with AirPods just the Bose 700's and is really stupid and annoying. I use the Bose 700's for working from home.. zoom calls etc I don't want iTunes to keep starting up (playing for some reason the queen movie)

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 4, 2020 4:44 PM in response to arnaudbfd

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities arnaudbfd,

I see that you're having an issue with the Music app opening when disconnecting a phone call with your Bluetooth headphones. I can understand your concern with this, and I'd be happy to look into this with you.

Let's start by having you create a test user on your Mac and test to see if the issue continues. If needed, the article below will guide you through those steps.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If you try these steps and the issue remains, respond back with some more details. If you use another pair of Bluetooth headphones with your Mac, does the issue remain? Have you been able to use these headphones with your Mac in the past without this issue?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

Jun 12, 2020 7:30 AM in response to kulfold

Copied from a post on the BOSE community on the iTunes turning on problem but also the double tap to answer phone calls not working when connected to Mac and iPhone

Ok after much faffing about I think I have solved both of these.

(I should say I m using BOSE 700)

First I upgraded to Catalina on my mac

This then gives you the option on Apple Music to choose your audio device and I selected internal speakers not Bose (which were ticked automatically) obviously its as easy as easy to change that option if I actually want to hear music through the headphones and I don't know how this would work if you were listening to music but didn't want to to restart but I don't listen to music while working so no prob for me.

Then for the phone thing I turned off iPhone link on my face time initially I also had to turn off the video link to the Bose but I now have that turned on again and the double tap is working fine. 

So basically when I get a phone call the headphones aren't confused as to who to connect to. 

Now this is possibly a pain if you want to use face time but again I generally take calls on my phone while using my Mac so this works best for me. If I want to use FaceTime with them then I know to turn it back on again...

So its not entirely seamless Bose actually but it is now doing what I want it to do...

Now I just have to work out why FaceTime on my phone isn't using the headphones... (which it wasn't before I did the above) and we are laughing.....

Itunes keeps opening when I end a call on my Bose QuietComfort 35 II bluetooth headset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.