Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autosave in Numbers is broken

Hello!

I was working on a Numbers spreadsheet and the I hit +S I got this message:

I created this file, saved it and closed it. When I returned to it, I can no longer save it. I can create a new file, copy everything onto that one, edit and save it. But I can not save changes on files that are not "brand new" (it's like I can only save each file once).

Things I've already tried (from reading other posts):

1. re-downloaded Numbers
  2. cleared the recent files list
  3. moved the file from iCloud to Desktop and tried saving it there
  4. this

So, I closed Numbers (by clicking the red x) and this popped up:

I hit Save and this happened:

And the I hit duplicate I received the same message I showed at the begging ("document could not be autosaved")

About iMac and Numbers:

My iMac is brand new (I've had it for a week today) and this is the first Numbers file I work on. iMac is on macOS Catalina 10.15.5 and Numbers is 10.0 (up to date I supposed, since I've re-downloaded it from he App Store today).

If anybody can give me a solution that does not imply rebooting my iMac, I would appreciate it so much.

Thank you all for your time and help 🤍

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 8:00 AM

Why don't you want to try restarting your Mac and making sure you are properly signed into iCloud?

SG

1 reply

Autosave in Numbers is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.