Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 1 recovery key, what is it, where is it, but most importantly how do I get it?

I have an iPad 1 requiring my recovery key. Apparently I was given it when I enabled two-step verification (oddly I never remember enabling it but rather it being imposed) So it goes without saying if have no recall of enabling this security feature, I don't have this number/key.

I read the answer about logging in through a trusted device into my Apple ID acct, then to click on edit in the security section to then reset my verifcafion number - anyway that treasure hunt lead me here, and still without a key, Help

iPad

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 9:54 PM

Hello,

The Recovery Key is something Apple gave you when you enabled Two-Factor Authentication. Apple explicitly informed you that you needed to store this key in a safe place. This cannot be regenerated or replaced. Without this key you cannot access your Apple ID or any devices associated with your Apple ID.

Two-Factor Authentication

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 9:54 PM in response to MicWip

Hello,

The Recovery Key is something Apple gave you when you enabled Two-Factor Authentication. Apple explicitly informed you that you needed to store this key in a safe place. This cannot be regenerated or replaced. Without this key you cannot access your Apple ID or any devices associated with your Apple ID.

Two-Factor Authentication

iPad 1 recovery key, what is it, where is it, but most importantly how do I get it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.