Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Sharing changed?

Used to be CTRL+TAB would show the remote machine applications and screen shots taken would save on the remote machine, but now it's all happening on the local machine??? Did I accidentally hit some cluster of keys that changed this behavior? I need it back to the way it was immediately so if anyone knows where that setting is or how to reset screen sharing to what I think was the default behavior please let know asap!!!

THANKS!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 9:10 AM

Figured it out. No idea how the setting changed since this menu bar item was never active, but “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” solved it by checking that option then changing to the other mirroring option.

Thanks for helping.

4 replies

Jun 10, 2020 1:17 PM in response to Barney-15E

No, I'm in Control mode, Full Screen no scaling. This all worked fine until recently. No new apps installed or updates.

The cursor used to not change before when I could take the screenshot on the remote machine, now it changes to a crosshair and takes the screenshot of the remote screen but saves it on the local desktop. I'm 100% remoting so I don't have the same software locally to do what I need and the shared clipboard is very unreliable too. What could have happened?

Screen Sharing changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.