Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Automatically Download Full-Resolution Photos in Version 11 of iCloud for Windows?

You have changed iCloud photos and now you say that an "optimized" version of photos and videos will be automatically downloaded to my PC. It says to click on the photo or video to download the full version. I don't have the time to click on every individual photo and video. Isn't there a way to automatically download the full version? I need a way to store the full photos on my PC so I can delete most of them from iCloud. (I normally copy the pictures to a different folder on my PC before I delete them from iCloud.)

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 9:53 PM

Have you tried using the web browser version of the app?

You can log into your iCloud Photos account on any web browser at: https://www.icloud.com/photos/

Near the upper righthand portion, in the menu bar are tools for uploading and downloading photos. Maybe this will provide a quicker way to download at full resolution.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 9:53 PM in response to ajp1228

Have you tried using the web browser version of the app?

You can log into your iCloud Photos account on any web browser at: https://www.icloud.com/photos/

Near the upper righthand portion, in the menu bar are tools for uploading and downloading photos. Maybe this will provide a quicker way to download at full resolution.

Jun 4, 2020 10:57 PM in response to Brian Lazzara

Thank you. I just looked and checked to see how that works. If you select multiple items, they download as a compressed zip file. So there's an extra step to unzip them. I may just need to start doing it this way, though. I guess I would be able to create folders anywhere on my PC and keep the downloads organized, instead of having to copy/paste from the iCloud folder on the PC.

It seems to me, though, that not automatically downloading the full file automatically defeats the purpose of iCloud for Windows. I think Apple needs to change this back to the way it was, or at least give us the option.

How Do I Automatically Download Full-Resolution Photos in Version 11 of iCloud for Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.