Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Display video ip cuts off

The video output to external monitor cuts off within seconds after I close the lid on battery mode. But it works fine when plugged in. Is there any work around for this ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 2:52 PM

The reason is that as soon as the lid is closed, while on battery, then the display is turned OFF and then the MacBook goes into sleep mode. I am not sure whether the below recommendation will work however you may try it-

Open System Preferences ➔ Energy Saver ➔ Battery Tab ➔ Turn Off Display After - Slide this to NEVER.

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 2:52 PM in response to KarthiVi

The reason is that as soon as the lid is closed, while on battery, then the display is turned OFF and then the MacBook goes into sleep mode. I am not sure whether the below recommendation will work however you may try it-

Open System Preferences ➔ Energy Saver ➔ Battery Tab ➔ Turn Off Display After - Slide this to NEVER.

Axel F.

External Display video ip cuts off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.