Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annotations are gone in my Pages document! I used Markup on my ipad with Apple Pencil to edit a friend manuscript - where are my notes?!!

I opened my friends manuscript (which was written in MS Word) in Apple Pages so that I could use my apple pencil to markup the manuscript.

It was working beautifully, but now that I am ready to export the doc and send back to my friend so she can review before sending next draft to the publisher, all the annotations I did before today are gone. GONE! Where are they?

I tried exporting as a .pdf so I could send it to her, and there's nothing there...

Help! This is weeks of work!!

S

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 5:28 AM

Check to see if annotations are just hidden. Open the document, tap View options and turn on Smart Annotations if off. When exporting as PDF, turn Smart Annotations on if off.

If you still don't see your annotations, you can try restoring to an earlier document version. Follow the instructions from Restore an earlier document version in Pages on iPad from the Pages User Guide for iPad.

Draw and annotate in Pages on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPadOS 13.5.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2020 5:28 AM in response to Gushproductions

Check to see if annotations are just hidden. Open the document, tap View options and turn on Smart Annotations if off. When exporting as PDF, turn Smart Annotations on if off.

If you still don't see your annotations, you can try restoring to an earlier document version. Follow the instructions from Restore an earlier document version in Pages on iPad from the Pages User Guide for iPad.

Draw and annotate in Pages on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPadOS 13.5.

Annotations are gone in my Pages document! I used Markup on my ipad with Apple Pencil to edit a friend manuscript - where are my notes?!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.