Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to log in to Apple Music on Android device, without my old phone?

So I have my iPhone 7 got broken, and it'll be in service for about 2-3 weeks. I'd like to use my Apple Music on another Android phone during this time, but when I want to log in to my Apple ID(in the Apple Music app) I don't see any option to get text message, because of the 2-factor authentication. I could only log in with the verification code, that have been sent on my iPhone 7, but as I mentioned, I don't have my phone now. Is there any option in the android Apple Music app to get text message on my trusted call number? 'Cause I only have the 'Learn more' option to choose.

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 8:03 AM

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, zilahisandor!

That's a great question you have about signing into your Android phone to use Apple Music when you use two-factor authentication. Check out this article to Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication. Specifically:

"Get a text or phone call

If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.

1. Click Didn't get a verification code on the sign in screen.
  2. Choose to have the code sent to your trusted phone number.
  3. You'll get a text message or phone call from Apple with your verification code.
  4. Enter the code on your other device to complete sign in."

These steps will allow you to use a trusted phone number and receive a text verification code. Then, you can follow the steps in this article to Use Apple Music with your Android devices.

Thanks again for the question and take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 8:03 AM in response to zilahisandor

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, zilahisandor!

That's a great question you have about signing into your Android phone to use Apple Music when you use two-factor authentication. Check out this article to Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication. Specifically:

"Get a text or phone call

If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.

1. Click Didn't get a verification code on the sign in screen.
  2. Choose to have the code sent to your trusted phone number.
  3. You'll get a text message or phone call from Apple with your verification code.
  4. Enter the code on your other device to complete sign in."

These steps will allow you to use a trusted phone number and receive a text verification code. Then, you can follow the steps in this article to Use Apple Music with your Android devices.

Thanks again for the question and take care!

Jun 8, 2020 9:32 PM in response to Teddy_B

This doesn't work on Android. 🙄

They don't have a "Didn't get a verification code" on the screen.

Did you test it and it worked for you Jameson?

zilahisandor, I think you can log into appleid.apple.com and remove your iPhone as a trusted device and then it should automatically do the phone call or text the next time you try to log into Apple Music on Android. UNLESS....you have other Apple devices logged into the Apple ID (like a Mac or iPad), if you do you can get the code on one of those devices too.

How to log in to Apple Music on Android device, without my old phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.