Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Connection on new phone

I just got the new iPhone 11 and did not realize I have been using a ton of data, even though it says I am connected to Wifi, it seems like I am not actually using the Wifi. My phone constantly says 5GE and does not show the WiFi symbol, not sure if this is new or if something is wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 8:25 AM

Connecting to Wifi is first part and then getting connected to Internet is the second

1. If you are connected to a Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem of iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact you ISP immediately

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2020 8:25 AM in response to pheekd

Connecting to Wifi is first part and then getting connected to Internet is the second

1. If you are connected to a Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem of iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact you ISP immediately

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Jun 5, 2020 8:35 AM in response to pheekd

There are a couple ways to check what is actually the problem in this situation. It is either your phone, your router, or your router's actual internet connection. You can disable Wi-Fi Assist in settings. Settings>Cellular: scroll down and disable Wi-Fi Assist. This won't let your data be used even if you are connected to a router. From my experience, a new Apple product rarely has an issue from factory. I would reset your router and check wifi connectivity on all your devices (including the phone) and see if it is working. If that doesn't change it, disable Wi-Fi Assist.

WiFi Connection on new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.