Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i open my App Store on my MacBook Pro (2011)

Why can't I open my App Store? It has been months and haven't been able to do upgrades

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 9:34 PM

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2020 9:34 PM in response to tariczu

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Jul 14, 2020 9:17 AM in response to rflann1943

Let’s see if there’s a locked file interfering in the original account.

Open Terminal & paste this command in & prefs enter, it’ll ask for an admin password & not echo what you type, wait for it to finish which will be an empty prompt unless it prints out some locked files, or Operation not permitted…

cd /;sudo find . -type f -flags +uchg

why can't i open my App Store on my MacBook Pro (2011)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.