Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files Won’t open dropbox

Can someone help? This happens on both my iPads (iOS 13.5.1), and also happened on 13.3 -

Right now when I go to the FILES app, Dropbox is grayed out. I cannot access my Dropbox files with the FILES app at all.

In some apps, when I try to open a file, the FILES app will open, Dropbox will open, I can see my folders, but they say “0 files”. The FILES app will not see / show any of my Dropbox files, so I can’t open them.

Dropbox on the browser is fine. The files are fine. But any ipad apps that depend on the FILES app fail to open Dropbox files now.

This happens both on my iPad Air 3 and on my new iPad Pro 11”.

Help?

Thank you!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 4:15 PM

Update —

I fixed it. I had to:

• delete the Files App
  • delete the app that was calling the Files App (Textastic)
  • delete the Dropbox app

Then I rebooted the ipad and re-installed all three apps.

Now it’s working properly. Eesh.

4 replies

Jun 5, 2020 3:38 PM in response to Liftgat4

Update - just for giggles, I deleted and re-installed the FILES app. I also renamed my folder in Dropbox, thinking that the “+” in the file name may be an issue.

I reloaded the FILES app. Added DROPBOX. Folders show up fine. But FILES does not see the new folder name. It still shows the old (non-existent) folder. That means the FILES app isn’t even properly syncing with Dropbox.

How do I get the FILES app to update properly (see Dropbox NOW) and show files in the folders properly?

Jun 5, 2020 3:44 PM in response to Liftgat4

The FILES app is messed..up...

I just added a folder - TEST - within the FILES app, inside Dropbox.

Dropbox could see it. Fine. FILES could see the folder that it created in Dropbox. Fine.

Then I went to Dropbox and copied a bunch of files into the TEST folder.

Not only did FILES not see the copies — suddenly the TEST folder was gone. Vanished.

Meanwhile, it also does not see the folder rename I did earlier.

FILES IS NOT WORKING RIGHT. Can someone please get this to the bug patrol?

Thank youuuuuu

Files Won’t open dropbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.