You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad synths in Logic, with midi keyboard, Hearing extra sounds

I'm using my iPad in logic through IDAM, and can hear my favorite synths. I also have an old midi keyboard (Yamaha P80) running into the computer through an M-Audio midi uno. When I play the keyboard, I hear the synth, but there is a distinct bell-like sound mixed in. when I take my finger off the key, it makes a dull-metallic sound on top of the bell sound. If the iPad is off, it just makes the dull sound.

If I play the synth on the iPad, that sound doesn't come through. It's only when I play the note on the physical keyboard.

If I hook the keyboard directly into the iPad with a camera kit, the keyboard works just fine.

Obviously something is routed incorrectly. Any thoughts?

thank you!

Mac Pro

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 9:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 4:26 AM

Hi

Just a thought... do you have Audio MIDI Setup running with "Test MIDI Setup" enabled?

CCT

Similar questions

2 replies

iPad synths in Logic, with midi keyboard, Hearing extra sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.