Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option to download photos. Windows 10, iCloud 10

Hello all.

I have been searching for some time, cannot figure this one out.

New Windows 10 machine, (May 2020,) all updates installed. iCloud 10 from Microsoft store installed.

The iCloud settings dialog Photos, Options, only has ‘iCloud Photo Library,’ and ‘iCloud Photo Sharing,’ as options to check. Nothing else.

The status screen always shows ‘updating.’ There is no ‘download’ button. There is no download folder.

I have removed and reinstalled iCloud, enabled and disabled Photo Library etc.. Nothing has changed on this one machine.

Have not seen this before. Did another program replace a necessary DLL, is something not registered properly?

Thanks in advance.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 8:11 AM

The link provided by 360TVR above is for v7.19, not v10 as referenced in the previous posts.

This is available directly from the iCloud download page. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283

This version (7.19) actually works on Windows 10.

You may have issues with newer installations of Outlook. Google for help to make it work.

* On Windows 7 and Windows 8, you can download iCloud for Windows on Apple's website

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 8:11 AM in response to JagLvr

The link provided by 360TVR above is for v7.19, not v10 as referenced in the previous posts.

This is available directly from the iCloud download page. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283

This version (7.19) actually works on Windows 10.

You may have issues with newer installations of Outlook. Google for help to make it work.

* On Windows 7 and Windows 8, you can download iCloud for Windows on Apple's website

Jun 7, 2020 1:10 AM in response to JagLvr

There's two versions of the iCloud App for Windows. If you download the v11 version for Windows 10 from the Microsoft store, you do not have the option to download photos. This version allows you to view photo thumbnails only. If you want to download a photo you have to double click on it. you can if you want though download all photos but that's not the same as the previous v10 version which gave you the choice to download by year and also to choose where to download.

If you want the option to choose where to download, you can install the v10 version here: http://updates-http.cdn-apple.com/2020/windows/061-95246-20200518-8BC0437C-9923-11EA-981C-47481553BE55/iCloudSetup.exe

Jun 8, 2020 7:47 AM in response to 360TVR

Thank you for the reply 360TVR.

Edit: The current MS Store version was 11.2, not 10, and it would download ‘shared photos,’ but not private photos. The file names where hexadecimal instead of the expected IMG_xxx format. Seriously flawed, sorry ‘feature rich.’

Thank you for the link.

I have spent many hours with Apple support and they agree the v11.2 version is not functioning correctly. Reverting to an older version does work. Went back to 7.19 as that is the only old version I had available at the time. (7.19 can be a little quirky to get working with new(er) MS Outlook but fixable and works well.)

I have to wonder, if this lack of download was an intended ‘feature,’ or a flaw. The only documented change is the removal of photo stream. I found no mention of removing the ability to automatically download photos.

I cannot fault Windows. Provides me a pretty good living supporting all of its function and features. ;-) I receive no support calls for Apple.

No option to download photos. Windows 10, iCloud 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.