Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth seems uninstalled

My Bluetooth has stopped working after the last update with Catalina10.15.5 on my MacBook Air (13-inch,Early 2015). It seems like the Bluetooth got uninstalled, but I can’t install it or get it to turn on. I get a message that it’s not available on the menu bar and in System Preferences it isn’t showing up. In Network it shows as Bluetooth PAN and says it’s not connected but it I can’t connect it or add a device. Obviously, I’m not super computer savvy, but I’ve been reading multiple articles and just can’t figure out this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 10:56 AM

Be sure this checkbox is checked in the System/Bluetooth preference pane:

If still unable to pare a B/T device boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 10:56 AM in response to LuvsWheatens

Be sure this checkbox is checked in the System/Bluetooth preference pane:

If still unable to pare a B/T device boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Jun 6, 2020 11:34 AM in response to LuvsWheatens

A couple of things to try:

1 - download the free SilentKnight and run it.If it indicates any item needs updating click on the Install Update button. When it's done close SilentKnight and reopen it to see that all items have been updated. It will tell you if the EFI firmware is up to date or not.

2 - download and apply the  macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Combo Update.  

Did you try Safe Mode?

Jun 6, 2020 11:12 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks, I don’t have that exact box but it is already showing in the menu bar at the top but it looks like this:

I ran disk utility and have tried installing B/T Firmware because I got this message but then it said it:

and when I over road that and tried to install it it said it was already installed.

Thanks for trying to help, I think my problem may be a bit complicated.

Bluetooth seems uninstalled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.