Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPHONE 6 is maxed out at the 16GB and that is all that is available. I am paying Apple monthly for additional storage. What am I paying for?

My IPhone 6 is maxed out at 16GB but I am paying Apple for additional storage. What am I paying for?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 10:54 AM

2 replies

Jun 6, 2020 11:00 AM in response to Jimpitstick

There is no way to add more storage to any iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod) device. When you purchase more iCloud storage, you are paying for more space to hold backup data in iCloud. That has absolutely nothing to do with the physical storage on your phone.

This is your second post on this very subject today --> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251438084

Were you hoping you'd get a different answer that better meets your needs? The answer will be the same no matter how many ways and times you ask this question.

My IPHONE 6 is maxed out at the 16GB and that is all that is available. I am paying Apple monthly for additional storage. What am I paying for?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.