Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail on High Sierra not showing content

I have all my accounts IMAP

On opening Mail Version 11.5 (3445.9.5) on High Sierra (10.13.6), there's no content showing. The headers are all there, and I can view the raw data. but the body shows as blank, at a certain point after restarting mail, the content of a mail I clicked on, showed for a second and then disappeared.

On opening it in Mail on my other computer, iPad and iPhone, the content shows.

This is an old iMac 2011, which I just put on a SSD new disk and it's flying, but I just found out this problem as soon as I open mail.

What's happening?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 7:57 PM

The OS thinks it's out of RAM or lazy caches... if you highlight previous ones then back does the body display?

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 7:57 PM in response to andresbezem

The OS thinks it's out of RAM or lazy caches... if you highlight previous ones then back does the body display?

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Mail on High Sierra not showing content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.