Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone SE Car USB issue

Initially, my new iPhone SE popped right up and started playing automatically when plugged in via USB. The way it SHOULD work! However, now, even though the phone and the car stereo can see each other, I can't get any audio out of the USB port. Bluetooth functions, but weirdly enough, the USB tries to take over and the Bluetooth audio gets muted and I have to manually select Bluetooth again to get anything. Selecting the dock connector option gives me nothing. Manually selecting USB on the stereo results in a "no playable media" message. Now for the real kicker... I have an iPhone 6S that I use for work, and when I plug it in, it works PERFECTLY! WHY!? This is my #1 favorite thing I discovered about this phone when I got it and now it's useless.

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 10:03 AM

For anybody dealing with this issue trying to play streaming music (YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, etc...) I discovered what solved the problem on my own (but not before having the phone traded out for a fresh, new phone which also exhibited the same problem). By sheer dumb luck, I decided to try and sync an album from iTunes to the phone and plugged it into the car (in my case, a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium with the MyFord Touch (2nd gen Sync) system). Up until this point, the phone and the car could "see" each other, but the car would say it could not find any playable files on the device. Now that I had in fact added files to the device it found them, and it played them. Great! Next, to try streaming something. That worked, too.

If you've had this problem and you're about to throw the phone against a wall in pure frustration, stop. Try this. It worked for me, it might help you too!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 10:03 AM in response to CaffeineCarl

For anybody dealing with this issue trying to play streaming music (YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, etc...) I discovered what solved the problem on my own (but not before having the phone traded out for a fresh, new phone which also exhibited the same problem). By sheer dumb luck, I decided to try and sync an album from iTunes to the phone and plugged it into the car (in my case, a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium with the MyFord Touch (2nd gen Sync) system). Up until this point, the phone and the car could "see" each other, but the car would say it could not find any playable files on the device. Now that I had in fact added files to the device it found them, and it played them. Great! Next, to try streaming something. That worked, too.

If you've had this problem and you're about to throw the phone against a wall in pure frustration, stop. Try this. It worked for me, it might help you too!

New iPhone SE Car USB issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.