Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple desktops

On my old MacPro, I have four desktops that are navigated horizontally using the keyboard command arrows. Love that feature. Somehow I haven't been able to duplicate it in my 2018 MacbookPro. Both use Mojave. What am I not doing?

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 8:15 AM

Brazilianheat wrote:

Sorry if I didn't articulate my question clearly enough. I just haven't been able to create more than one desktop on my MacBook Pro the way I have in my old MacPro, where I have 4 distinct ones, where I can leave apps open without too much cluttering. I have the same preferences set up on both machines but somehow the result isn't the same. All the open windows stay on the same desktop. At any rate, it's not a huge problem. Was just curious as to why the discrepancy.

Have you made changes to your preferences to elicit some change in behavior; than come back to your preferred settings to see if they stick.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 8:15 AM in response to Brazilianheat

Brazilianheat wrote:

Sorry if I didn't articulate my question clearly enough. I just haven't been able to create more than one desktop on my MacBook Pro the way I have in my old MacPro, where I have 4 distinct ones, where I can leave apps open without too much cluttering. I have the same preferences set up on both machines but somehow the result isn't the same. All the open windows stay on the same desktop. At any rate, it's not a huge problem. Was just curious as to why the discrepancy.

Have you made changes to your preferences to elicit some change in behavior; than come back to your preferred settings to see if they stick.

Jun 7, 2020 7:47 AM in response to Brazilianheat

Brazilianheat wrote:

On my old MacPro, I have four desktops that are navigated horizontally using the keyboard command arrows. Love that feature. Somehow I haven't been able to duplicate it in my 2018 MacbookPro. Both use Mojave. What am I not doing?

You do not really say why not, what is the issue?

Desktops are added with the + sign

make some change to Preferences to suit you better:

Change Mission Control preferences on Mac - Apple Support

ref: Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 7, 2020 8:11 AM in response to leroydouglas

Multiple desktops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.