Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

full connection but no update, help

my ipad hasn’t been updating these past two days, and it’s causing everything to crash. it’ll say “estimating download time” in setting but then i have to redo everything to no avail. what do i do?

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 3:57 PM

Begin with forced-restart of your iPad - as this often resolves isolated issues:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 3:57 PM in response to under-pressure

Begin with forced-restart of your iPad - as this often resolves isolated issues:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Jun 7, 2020 9:32 AM in response to under-pressure

How about you providing some details about your iPad, including the model and currently installed version of iOS/iPadOS? At present, we have no information other than you having a problem with updates - which doesn’t provide anything from which any conclusions can be drawn.

In the meantime, this support page is about all we can offer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201435

Jun 7, 2020 3:51 PM in response to LotusPilot

my ipad is 6th generation and is currently updated to iPadOS 13.5. as for problems, a lot of apps are shutting down without cause. for example, my mail app won’t upload any mail from today, the app store and settings app quit unexpectedly, and other apps needed to do schoolwork shut down even though they’re fully updated. i know it’s not my internet because i have 3 bars, but my ipad won’t update to 13.5.1. i feel as though updating it will help the crashing, but the ipad won’t update. until then i cannot use my ipad to its fullest function and i don’t want to flunk because my ipad is glitchy. thanks for your help, i’m happy to provide more details

full connection but no update, help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.