Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not uploading to iCloud after clearing space

I was running low on iCloud space, so uploading of photos stopped. I then cleared several GB of space by deleting some old some files, but the iPhone will not resume uploading to iCloud. There appears to be no way to force it to restart other than disabling and re-enabling it in iCloud settings. The only issue is that doing that will remove all the photos from the device currently only in iCloud, or requires downloading all the original photos back to the iPhone (which there is not room for). Therefore, I am left in a position where it seems the only way to remedy it is to buy more storage from apple despite not actually needing it. I understand that this is obviously the point, to inconvenience/scare users with large photo libraries into buying more space but I am trying to figure out a way around it since I do not need it at this time. Other than buying more space and then immediately cancelling the purchase once uploading resumes, I am struggling for ideas here. Thanks in advance for your help.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 3:11 PM

You could purchase more space just for a month, then download the photos to a computer or external HDD (see video below), then cancel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzN-0dJlPg8

Similar questions

1 reply

Photos not uploading to iCloud after clearing space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.