Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"load and keep original" does not load my photos

Hello, a while back i enabled the optimized storage option for photos on my iphone. now that i wanted to clear up my icloud space i enabled "load and keep original" in settings>[my name]>icloud>photos about 2 hours ago but it does not load my photos, i still only have the low quality place-holders and most photos still need to load. i googled this before but there were only like 3 people asking this and there weren't very helpful answers. so my question is if the process of loading all the photos actually takes several hours or do i have to do something to help? i already tried loading photos manually but this would also take hours and i don't know if this is just temporary or not. so could anyone give me any advice? thank you very much in advance:)

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 12:52 PM

Well, depending on the volume and size of the photos, it will take some time to download. Have you left the device alone to download and walked away for a bit?

Similar questions

5 replies

"load and keep original" does not load my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.