Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem making a duplicate photo in iMac photos

I want to make duplicates of a few photos in apple photos on an iMac. Some duplicate with no problem but a few will not allow me to make a duplicate. Any help appreciated.

Catalina 10.15.5

Photos Version 5.0 (141.19.150)

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 10:25 AM

This worked for me the other day, with a similar 'unable to duplicate problem':

In fact, I've fixed them by a very simple process of removing the editing and reverting to the original. This works even when I go in to edit an affected photo, click 'Revert to Original', immediately re-edit, then click 'Done'. The resulting photo can be duplicated.

Presumably there was something in the original editing that corrupted the photos, although I can't think that I did anything differently to these compared to all the others.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 10:25 AM in response to melovelo

This worked for me the other day, with a similar 'unable to duplicate problem':

In fact, I've fixed them by a very simple process of removing the editing and reverting to the original. This works even when I go in to edit an affected photo, click 'Revert to Original', immediately re-edit, then click 'Done'. The resulting photo can be duplicated.

Presumably there was something in the original editing that corrupted the photos, although I can't think that I did anything differently to these compared to all the others.

Problem making a duplicate photo in iMac photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.