Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting charged for an app that is eligible for Family Sharing

I have Purchase sharing turned on, and I bought the Dark Sky app, which says it's eligible for Family Sharing. Yet, when my family members look up the app in the app store, it prompts them to pay $3.99. Why would they get charged again?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 12:40 PM

rogerfrommarvin,

I'm glad you decided to reach out on the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are wanting to help your family members download the apps that you have purchased. 

They’ll need to access your purchases from the Purchased pages in the App Store. 

This article will show you how:

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 12:40 PM in response to rogerfrommarvin

rogerfrommarvin,

I'm glad you decided to reach out on the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are wanting to help your family members download the apps that you have purchased. 

They’ll need to access your purchases from the Purchased pages in the App Store. 

This article will show you how:

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Take care.

Getting charged for an app that is eligible for Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.