Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing paid apps with family member

Why am I being charged for a Mac app even though I'm part of a family and a member already paid for it?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 4:05 PM

You need to get the app from the family member’s purchased list, not directly from the App Store entry.

Follow the steps in the link above to find the App in your family members purchases so you can download it from there for free.

Link-> Share purchases with others in your Family Sharing group on Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 4:05 PM in response to eyeezyg

You need to get the app from the family member’s purchased list, not directly from the App Store entry.

Follow the steps in the link above to find the App in your family members purchases so you can download it from there for free.

Link-> Share purchases with others in your Family Sharing group on Mac - Apple Support

Dec 18, 2021 3:26 PM in response to eyeezyg

I checked the app's FAQ and it said it works for family sharing - Does Paprika support Family Sharing? – Paprika Support (zendesk.com).

When I tried to download the app it asks to "buy app". I haven't went clicked and confirmed the purchase because I don't want to be charged for it if the app allows app sharing.

I've also checked both accounts to ensure family sharing is enabled.

Sharing paid apps with family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.