You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods rattling noise

I picked up the new airpods pro as soon as they were out in UAE.  Within a few days, I started facing issues. The ear tip test kept failing. Fortunately the set got replaced.

A few weeks later I started facing the same issue on ear tip test failing and now have another problem - there is a constant rattling sound in the right ear piece and I have tried everything from resetting to re-pairing without luck. The problem is more acute in transparency mode and disappears on Off mode.

Now I am on calls around 8+ hours a day as I have to work from home and this is troubling me a lot. 

I called Apple and because the Apple store is closed they directed me to a service agent but they want me to leave the airpods with them until the new ones arrive - this would take around 15+ days.  During which time I would have a tough time managing my calls. I sought help from an Apple agent but she was very rude and said I have to take it up with the local service provider and they handle only software issues!!! I complained but it's been a few weeks without avail.

With no visibility on when the Apple stores will reopen, how do I resolve the issue or get the airpods replaced?

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 1:20 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 7, 2020 1:25 PM in response to QuickPost

Thanks but I have tried all the steps multiple times and have been through them with the support team. Apple store being closed I cant get a replacement with the Apple appointed service provider without surrendering the airpods first and get a replacement unit two weeks later.

A bit of a bummer considering the price I have paid for it.

Airpods rattling noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.