Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left Airpod Occasional Rattling Sound

Hi!

This is a problem regarding the AirPods Pro.

I have noticed an occasional rattling sound on my left AirPod.

It only happens when connecting them (to any device really).

I got these AirPods in January.

What happens is that I pop them out of the case (usually the left first, as it is muscle memory), I put the in my ears and the left AirPod starts this subtle rattle sound which intensifies a lot when I put the other one in (the intensified sound does have something to do with the connection between the two as I have tried putting the right one in and out to check if that's true).

To (temporarily) solve this, I had to put them in their case for a minute or two.

This happened twice, two or three months of space between the two. The first time was using the first or second firmware update. The most recent one was using firmware version 2D27.

Another thing that happened was that I put them in kind of at the same time (the left one first), they made this explosive rattling sound, much louder then that intensified one.

I'd like to know if I should worry; Should I send them in to apple or is this a fixable software thing?

I've searched this on the internet but people seem to have a constant rattling, not my exact problem.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

iPad Air, 13

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 7:54 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Left Airpod Occasional Rattling Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.