Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple TV allow me to stream TV channels without using my local cable company?

Does paying for a monthly subscription to apple TV allow me to stream TV channels without using my local cable company?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:14 AM

To be able to watch much of the same TV channels as you were used to with your local cable provider, you will need to subscribe with a streaming provider that carries those channels.

Compare Hulu Live vs YouTube TV vs Sling TV vs AT&T Now vs Fubo TV vs Philo vs frndly TV - Cordcutters.com

These have apps for the Apple TV set-top box, for iPhone, and iPad. You may be able to view some of these in a browser on a computer.

The subscription to Apple TV+ is different. This subscription gives access to Apple Original shows, not other channels.

Inside the Apple TV app, you may also subscribe to other VOD premium channels, such as: Acorn TV, A&E Crime Central, BET+, Britbox, CBS All Access, Cinemax, Comedy Central Now, Epix, Lifetime Movie Club, MTV Hits, Mubi, Showtime, Starz.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 7:14 AM in response to abwy5

To be able to watch much of the same TV channels as you were used to with your local cable provider, you will need to subscribe with a streaming provider that carries those channels.

Compare Hulu Live vs YouTube TV vs Sling TV vs AT&T Now vs Fubo TV vs Philo vs frndly TV - Cordcutters.com

These have apps for the Apple TV set-top box, for iPhone, and iPad. You may be able to view some of these in a browser on a computer.

The subscription to Apple TV+ is different. This subscription gives access to Apple Original shows, not other channels.

Inside the Apple TV app, you may also subscribe to other VOD premium channels, such as: Acorn TV, A&E Crime Central, BET+, Britbox, CBS All Access, Cinemax, Comedy Central Now, Epix, Lifetime Movie Club, MTV Hits, Mubi, Showtime, Starz.

Does Apple TV allow me to stream TV channels without using my local cable company?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.