Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with adding other email account to iMac

I'm having issues adding an "Other" mail server to my iMac.  From preferences it allows the data field to fill but will not recognize the account name or password entered when I try to add account in preferences. 

It gives the message unable to verify account name or password.

There is no lightening link or allow information to save for adding account.

The mailbox set up is grayed out and it won't allow me to add another email to come into my computer. Does any one know the fix for this problem. How do I get it to allow to take all Accounts Online?

Thank you. 

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 12:09 PM

Thank you! I tested with an added account and was still having issues. A second call with the hosting service provided different codes and settings that allowed a set up to be made. Thank you so much for your response.

Blessings!

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 10, 2020 9:10 AM in response to Luanne33

Hi Luanne33,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today adding an email account to your Mac.

It sounds like you are correctly following the process: Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac.

Have you checked to see if you can add the email inside a new user account? Here's How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac. If you still can't add it there, there may be a problem with the information you are adding.

Have you checked a webmail link to see if the password is valid? Have you contacted the provider to make sure all your information is correct?

Have a great day!

Issues with adding other email account to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.