Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting PDF to Word

How can I convert a PDF document to Word? I am using a MacBook Air. Must I buy Adobe Acrobat Pro for $500 or would a less expensive plug-in option work?

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 3:30 PM

FYI - I have Microsoft Word for Mac version 16.x and directly converts PDF documents to Word format. I open Word and the use the File ➔ Open option and then just select the PDF file that I want converted and it imports it right into word.

One thing to note and that is that the final formatting is not always accurate and you may be required to do some cleanup in the final Word document. It gets a little challenging when there are tables involved however this is a lot better option to save $500 for Acrobat Pro in my opinion.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 3:30 PM in response to msmaverick

FYI - I have Microsoft Word for Mac version 16.x and directly converts PDF documents to Word format. I open Word and the use the File ➔ Open option and then just select the PDF file that I want converted and it imports it right into word.

One thing to note and that is that the final formatting is not always accurate and you may be required to do some cleanup in the final Word document. It gets a little challenging when there are tables involved however this is a lot better option to save $500 for Acrobat Pro in my opinion.

Axel F.

Converting PDF to Word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.