Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 11 2020 and magic keyboard charging

I just received my 2020 Ipad11 and waiting on the Magic keyboard and pencil. Was planning on using my Anker PD4 charger. Just learned that there is a problem with charging the keyboard. Please advise.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 8:12 PM

What do you mean problem charging the Keyboard. If you are getting the Magic Keyboard with track pad for your iPad Pro, the keyboard gets it power directly from the smart connectors on the back of your iPad. You don't need to charge the keyboard. The keyboard however, does have a USB C plug on the keyboard to offer pass through charging to the iPad.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 8:12 PM in response to RPRood

What do you mean problem charging the Keyboard. If you are getting the Magic Keyboard with track pad for your iPad Pro, the keyboard gets it power directly from the smart connectors on the back of your iPad. You don't need to charge the keyboard. The keyboard however, does have a USB C plug on the keyboard to offer pass through charging to the iPad.

Ipad 11 2020 and magic keyboard charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.