Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv plus app wont stream to projector

Hi all I haven’t been using apple products for 15 years. I have a iPod touch and includes Apple TV app and have signed up to it. I have a projector and it can’t stream to it. My partner can stream YouTube to it using the iOS cast thing on the iPhone however we both can’t cast to the projector from Apple TV plus. It keeps showing 0% then tells us the internet connection is weak but that is not the case. As YouTube works and switching to chrome cast it streams 4K without a problem.

Is using this app on a iPod touch not working or do I have to do something else to get it to work. It’s really confusing as I thought you could just stream like chromecast easily

thank you for your help

iPod, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 1:58 AM

To stream using the AirPlay protocol from an iOS device to a TV or projector, you will need an AirPlay receiver, such as the Apple TV set-top box.

Apple TV+ is not compatible with other ‘casting’ protocols. Apple TV+ is not compatible to use with AirPlay to an Apple TV (2nd generation).

Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 1:58 AM in response to Community User

To stream using the AirPlay protocol from an iOS device to a TV or projector, you will need an AirPlay receiver, such as the Apple TV set-top box.

Apple TV+ is not compatible with other ‘casting’ protocols. Apple TV+ is not compatible to use with AirPlay to an Apple TV (2nd generation).

Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Apple tv plus app wont stream to projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.