Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Audio on other side cuts off when I speak

Whenever I FaceTime or using any other video chat format using my iPhone 11, the other person complains that my words get cut off. I tested out with my brother and he realized that if he speaks or there’s noise on his end, my voice gets cut off. So he muted himself and there were no issues. I’ve checked my microphone and there is no issue at all. The sound works perfectly fine in my videos. I thought it had to do with my connection, but it occurs anytime. Either I’m on my WiFi or using my data or even at someone else’s house using their WiFi; this issue continues to occur. Is there something I can do to fix this problem? Or would I have to get my phone checked out? Again, this happens with not only FaceTime but also other video chatting platforms such as Google Duo, Facebook messenger, etc.

Thank you,

Sabrina

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 10:22 AM

This is 100% an iPhone 11 issue. I have an XS Max and when I FaceTime with others who have an XS Max on this is not an issue - at all. When I FaceTime with friends/family that have the iPhone 11 it happens every time and if they don't wear headphones to speak with me then conversation is impossible because, as you mentioned, their audio is cut off at even the slightest noise from my end. I would really like to see this issue get resolved as well.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2020 10:22 AM in response to SabrinaDeBrito

This is 100% an iPhone 11 issue. I have an XS Max and when I FaceTime with others who have an XS Max on this is not an issue - at all. When I FaceTime with friends/family that have the iPhone 11 it happens every time and if they don't wear headphones to speak with me then conversation is impossible because, as you mentioned, their audio is cut off at even the slightest noise from my end. I would really like to see this issue get resolved as well.

Jun 11, 2020 8:45 AM in response to SabrinaDeBrito

Hello Sabrina,

I see that you're running into problems with your audio cutting out when you're on calls in various applications. Since you mentioned that the issue goes away when the other party is muted, it makes me believe that the problem may be related to the volume of the iPhone itself.

I recommend checking the sound/speaker on your iPhone while you're on a call. If the sound is at the max volume, I'd say to Adjust the volume on iPhone to a lower level and see if the issue continues. I have personally experienced this issue in the past, and it's generally caused by the volume being too loud and echoing within the call.

You can also check the microphones on your device to make sure they are working as expected. Here's how: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Cheers!

FaceTime Audio on other side cuts off when I speak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.