Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro battery

Hi. Got a really strange issue with an iPad Pro 2018 11” (purchased December 2019).

Battery life is normal (good) when in use or on standby. But in the last two weeks something strange has started happening: when the battery got low (around 10%) I charged it to 100% then swithched the iPad off (completely off). 4 days later, try to switch on, but battery is completely dead. Connect to charger and it charges at normal speed back to 100%. Switch off. 4 days later switch on, zero charge again! Battery monitor shows battery health is normal, and in use there is no problem with battery life. But it won’t hold its charge when turned off even for just a few days. Apple support have run diagnostics and can see nothing wrong, and they have never heard of this issue before. I haven’t installed anything new recently, nothing has changed on the iPad, and it was behaving perfectly until this issue arose. Anyone got any ideas or experienced the same problem, before I have to send it back to Apple?

Thank you.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 2:07 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately you will need to fully restore your iPad to factory settings.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

ipad pro battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.