Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Photo Stream not in Photos App

Hello,

I don't see the My Photo Stream album in my Photos App on my MacBook. I have iCloud turned on across my MacBook and iPhone, and My Photo Stream is turned on on my phone. I'm trying to save the photos from the supposed My Photo Stream album on my MacBook so I can turn OFF My Photo Stream on my phone and not lose any photos. Can anyone assist?

Thank you,

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 12:00 PM

If the iCloud library is enabled the My Photo Stream will not be on the Mac because they are somewhat redundant. The iCloud Library syncs the devices so all of their libraries are the same and the My Photo Stream would import new photos from the iPhone into the Mac's library which would duplicate what the iCloud Library did.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 12:00 PM in response to raisingmyhand

If the iCloud library is enabled the My Photo Stream will not be on the Mac because they are somewhat redundant. The iCloud Library syncs the devices so all of their libraries are the same and the My Photo Stream would import new photos from the iPhone into the Mac's library which would duplicate what the iCloud Library did.

Jun 10, 2020 9:27 AM in response to raisingmyhand

If you turn off your My Photo Stream on your iPhone the photos will be removed from from the My Photo Stream album as that album will be no more but not from your iPhone.

If you're worried about losing the photos you can connect your iPhone to your Mac and back it up with either iTunes or the Finder depending on which system you're running. Then turn off My Photo Stream on all devices.

FWIW I just turned of My Photo Stream on my iPhone and it removed the stream but not the photos. When I turned it back on the last 30 days worth of photos were in the new stream.

My Photo Stream not in Photos App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.