Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book air frozen.

My Mac air book is frozen. Force quit does not work. Nothing works. Can not open or close anything. Gmail is open, Google calendar is open, google meet Is open, adobe flash player install manager and “force quit” is open. I even turned off the machine, waited, turned back on, everything remains the same. Help!!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 6:15 PM

You can force quit the entire computer by holding the power button for about 10 seconds. Once the computer has shut down, restart it by pressing the power button normally. This is a last resort measure which, it sounds like you’ve reached.

Normally after force quitting I’ll launch Disk Utility and run Disk First Aid to make sure no directory damage was done. Usually everything is okay but on occasion the computer will have frozen while in the midst of an import disk access and things will be left ‘unfinished’. If a disk error is found you’ll have to restart in Safe Mode and run Disk First Aid again to fix the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 6:15 PM in response to Noclueuser

You can force quit the entire computer by holding the power button for about 10 seconds. Once the computer has shut down, restart it by pressing the power button normally. This is a last resort measure which, it sounds like you’ve reached.

Normally after force quitting I’ll launch Disk Utility and run Disk First Aid to make sure no directory damage was done. Usually everything is okay but on occasion the computer will have frozen while in the midst of an import disk access and things will be left ‘unfinished’. If a disk error is found you’ll have to restart in Safe Mode and run Disk First Aid again to fix the problem.

Mac book air frozen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.