Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing a MacBook Pro with the 2020 MacBook Air

I'm going to need to upgrade my (early 2013 model) MacBook Pro this year (battery issues that Apple won't fix) and I'm debating getting the MacBook Air with upgraded processor.

I'd like to know if it can run what I run now, but all the reviews mention the same task comparison like web browsing vs video editing, which is not very helpful.

I use my current MacBook Pro (2.6GHz dual-core i5 from 2013) for some web development (no VMs, just a basic web+db servers), sorting a very big library of medium-sized photos with Adobe Bridge and editing in Affinity Photo (TIFF files around 10-15 megapixels), occasional work in inDesign with said photos, no video related work but I do multitask with many tabs and programs kept open.

Should I just get the new MacBook Pro or is this kind of work something the quad-core i7 on the MacBook Air will have no problems handling every day for the next 4-5 years?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 1:15 PM

I recommend the MBA provided you specify the i7 and as much storage as you can afford.

Similar questions

1 reply

Replacing a MacBook Pro with the 2020 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.