Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon Firestick, Apple TV App and Dolby Vision

My LG tv can display Dolby Vision programs/films. I have an Amazon 4k Firestick plugged into my TV. When I watch any film I have purchased on the APPLE TV app via my firestick and the film has Dolby Vision available my tv does not indicate that Dolby Vision is being broadcasted. If, for example, I watch a Dolby Vision film via Netflix, The Dolby Vision symbol pops up on the top right of the TV screen. How do I know/tell I am watching in Dolby Vision via the Firestick/Apple TV app?

FireTVStick4K,

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 6:22 AM

I have resolved this. The firestick was set to always display 4k HDR content and this always put the TV in Dolby Vision mode. When I selected adaptive for 4k HDR content in the firestick it switches on either HDR or Dolby Vision depending on the content. The TV also does its usual pop up to inform you which mode it is in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 6:22 AM in response to Apple681

I have resolved this. The firestick was set to always display 4k HDR content and this always put the TV in Dolby Vision mode. When I selected adaptive for 4k HDR content in the firestick it switches on either HDR or Dolby Vision depending on the content. The TV also does its usual pop up to inform you which mode it is in.

Amazon Firestick, Apple TV App and Dolby Vision

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.