Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple HomeKit & Light Bulbs Help

I purchased the SYLVANIA General Lighting 74988 Smart+ BR30 LED bulbs and was disappointed to learn that I can not control the bulbs when I am away from home via Siri/Home app.

I am now looking at the Phillips Hue bulbs. However, it is not clear if you can control the bulbs via Siri/Home app when away from home.

Ultimately, I am moving away from my home automation devices coupled with my security system because of the silly monthly fees that are required. However, at the same time, I prefer a seamless integration for all devices. I do not have an appetite to access an app to control the door locks, a second app to control the thermostat, or a third app to control the lights, etc.

I am looking for products that integrate seamlessly with the Home app and allow me full control via the Home app. Can some offer a recommendation? Thanks.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 3:54 PM

You might want to stay away from devices that use bluetooth rather than wifi. If connectivity to HomeKit relies on the BT connection on the device you are taking out of the home, you will have issues. Alternatively look to see if the manufacturer has a stand alone unit that will connect to the device by BT and Homekit through wifi.

Here is an example from another company.

https://www.evehome.com/en/eve-extend

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 3:54 PM in response to Premier-Blue

You might want to stay away from devices that use bluetooth rather than wifi. If connectivity to HomeKit relies on the BT connection on the device you are taking out of the home, you will have issues. Alternatively look to see if the manufacturer has a stand alone unit that will connect to the device by BT and Homekit through wifi.

Here is an example from another company.

https://www.evehome.com/en/eve-extend

Apple HomeKit & Light Bulbs Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.