Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery on MacBook Air drains too quickly

Out of nowhere, my MacBook Pro's battery life never lasts, even when its sleep! Why? How? Has anyone had this issue with some resolve? What's the resolve??? #HELP

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 6:26 PM

If you hold option and press the battery indicator it will inform you if the battery needs replacing. You could also look under power in system information to see how many charge cycles your battery has had and if it needs to be replaced.

If they show the condition to be good, I would look under energy in Activity Monitor to see if there's anything running in the background using power that you may not be aware of.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 6:26 PM in response to SlymGoodie

If you hold option and press the battery indicator it will inform you if the battery needs replacing. You could also look under power in system information to see how many charge cycles your battery has had and if it needs to be replaced.

If they show the condition to be good, I would look under energy in Activity Monitor to see if there's anything running in the background using power that you may not be aware of.

Battery on MacBook Air drains too quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.