Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I spilled in sweet iced tea on my MacBook Air. I dried it off right away, turned it off but it still doesn’t turn on.

Does anyone have a word of hope for me after I spilled unsweetened tea on my MacBook Air?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 9:15 PM

Odds are the computer may not work again. To possibly save it: Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service ASAP. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy.

Be sure to tell whomever you speak to that you have a severe liquid damage problem. Meanwhile, turn off the computer, disconnect the charger, and remove the battery, if it is user-replaceable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 9:15 PM in response to ragan258

Odds are the computer may not work again. To possibly save it: Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service ASAP. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy.

Be sure to tell whomever you speak to that you have a severe liquid damage problem. Meanwhile, turn off the computer, disconnect the charger, and remove the battery, if it is user-replaceable.

I spilled in sweet iced tea on my MacBook Air. I dried it off right away, turned it off but it still doesn’t turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.