Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple store is working under Mojave OS?

I am trying to buy a app from AppStore, I am using MacBook Pro 2018, with Mojave on it (10.14.6).

After try to buy any app and confirm it, the App shows a message that Billing Information should be verified. After it, nothing happens, just back to main page in App Store... so no way to buy any app.

I contacted with Apple and they said some billing information can't be managed from App Store in Mojave, but I should be able to buy apps. Otherwise, update to Catalina is required.

I tried with 2 Macs, same issue, all of them with Mojave 10.14.6 OS.

Some idea?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 6:24 AM

Thanks Chris,

I solved this issue. I sign out in all devices. then, thru AppleId.apple.com I changed the password, I sign in again and then.... voilà! it works!!

I tried to change the password in the past, but without sign out (even I should to sign in again with new password), and it didn't work.. so I tried to cancel my billing details, then sign out from everywhere, change the password and start again... it works!

Thanks for all the replies!

Jordi

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 6:24 AM in response to chris_g1

Thanks Chris,

I solved this issue. I sign out in all devices. then, thru AppleId.apple.com I changed the password, I sign in again and then.... voilà! it works!!

I tried to change the password in the past, but without sign out (even I should to sign in again with new password), and it didn't work.. so I tried to cancel my billing details, then sign out from everywhere, change the password and start again... it works!

Thanks for all the replies!

Jordi

Jun 15, 2020 7:31 PM in response to Jordi2020

Hey there Jordi2020,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues verifying your Apple ID billing info. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Log into the Apple ID website from your Mac and go to Payment and Shipping. Click Edit and see if you can add your CVV code or other info there. If the e-mail address still needs to be verified, then you can do this as well:

Manage your Apple ID

Also, if you have another device, like an iPhone or iPad, you can go to Settings > Your Name > iTunes & App Stores, tap on your Apple ID > View Apple ID and then sign in. Tap Manage Payments and you should be able to verify your info there as well.

I hope this helps.

Take care.

Jun 16, 2020 8:00 AM in response to Chris_D13

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. But it is still not working. As I said to a couple of Apple Support Agents, I can access to my Apple Id thru appleid.apple.com, and I am able to manage all settings from this web access, but not from Itunes & AppStores, even if the OS is Catalina (I already updated one of my Mac).

I tried to change for 2 different banks, even Paypal. After update this billing info thru AppId.Apple.com, I received an automatic email from Apple Id that the payment has been successfully changed but... still not working.... I am not able to buy in AppStore...

apple store is working under Mojave OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.