Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't complete my AppStore purchase

Can't complete my AppStore purchase – the spinner spins but nothing happens. I already received the receipt of purchase from PayPal, so Apple took my money, but did not install the app, so I can't use it.

I also can not update previously installed apps – same problem with spinning indicator and no action.

I am using Mojave 10.14.6 on MacPro (late 2013).

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 9:43 PM

With the Mac App Store open also open the Activity Monitor from the Utility folder.

Using the Search box find the process appstoreagent.

Double click the process and in the resulting window quit the process.

Quit both the Mac App Store and Activity Monitor.

Reopen the Mac App Store and retry your downloads/updates.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.;  HomePods, audioOS 14.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 9:43 PM in response to Twitcheye

With the Mac App Store open also open the Activity Monitor from the Utility folder.

Using the Search box find the process appstoreagent.

Double click the process and in the resulting window quit the process.

Quit both the Mac App Store and Activity Monitor.

Reopen the Mac App Store and retry your downloads/updates.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.;  HomePods, audioOS 14.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Feb 27, 2021 5:01 AM in response to Dah•veed

Hi, Dah•veed,

I did as you instructed me. Afterwards, for about a minute, my "Purchased" panel was empty. Then, all my purchased apps returned, but all of them were marked with the "download from the cloud" indicator.

When I tried to download my newly purchased app, I got to the same situation as before quitting applestoreagent. And I still can't update my old apps.

Mar 2, 2021 6:23 AM in response to Twitcheye

Today, 4 days after the purchase, I was finally able to install my new app and update my old apps.

I guess that can be called "a success"😏? That does not change my opinion about the App Store. I still think that App Store needs some major rethinking – in the way of dealing with developers, reviewing apps submitted for sale and selling apps to customers.

I am guessing that all the problems that cropped up in the last several weeks are signs that the wheels finally started to turn, so I am hopeful...

Can't complete my AppStore purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.