Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store issue: Appears unable to download apps!

Has anybody experienced a similar issue with the "App Store" app where it accepts a payment but the moment the app should download, the "downloading" indicator just turns into a blank grey rotating circle.

Have just noticed: when I go into "My Account" section, any attempt to download an existing app from my cloud results in the same blank grey rotating circle.

Have a MacBook Pro with same version of "App Store" which happily downloads any app.

Any help would be welcome.

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 9:19 AM

Apologies for delay but lost broadband connection for a few days!!

The device experiencing this issue is an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) running macOS Mojave version 10.14.6.

Have only one Apple ID which also covers a 15” MacBook Pro and x3 iPads.

A few days ago I selected and purchased a Database App on the iMac, but at the point when downloading should have started nothing happened, just a “blank rotating ring” icon, so eventually just had to close the “App Store” application.

When re-launched, “App Store” shows this purchase as stored in the “Cloud”, but when I click on the “Download from Cloud” icon, the icon changes to just a “blank rotating ring” again!

All further closing and re-launching of “App Store” app displays every App I’ve purchased as being in the “Cloud” and not on the iMac!

All attempts to Download anything from the “Cloud”, just results in the “blank rotating ring” again.

Have tried following:

Removed device from my AppleID account, then re-entered all details again.

Logged-out from the “App Store” then logged back in again to re-linked with my AppleID.

No problems were experienced and everything appeared normal.

I don’t know when the issue began but “Updates” to existing apps where being flagged and appeared to be downloaded.

Have attached screenshot of the visual symptoms

Many thanks for your offer of help.

Just don’t know which direction to go in!   So any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Cheers,

royfromcolesden

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 9:19 AM in response to Brian_P7

Apologies for delay but lost broadband connection for a few days!!

The device experiencing this issue is an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) running macOS Mojave version 10.14.6.

Have only one Apple ID which also covers a 15” MacBook Pro and x3 iPads.

A few days ago I selected and purchased a Database App on the iMac, but at the point when downloading should have started nothing happened, just a “blank rotating ring” icon, so eventually just had to close the “App Store” application.

When re-launched, “App Store” shows this purchase as stored in the “Cloud”, but when I click on the “Download from Cloud” icon, the icon changes to just a “blank rotating ring” again!

All further closing and re-launching of “App Store” app displays every App I’ve purchased as being in the “Cloud” and not on the iMac!

All attempts to Download anything from the “Cloud”, just results in the “blank rotating ring” again.

Have tried following:

Removed device from my AppleID account, then re-entered all details again.

Logged-out from the “App Store” then logged back in again to re-linked with my AppleID.

No problems were experienced and everything appeared normal.

I don’t know when the issue began but “Updates” to existing apps where being flagged and appeared to be downloaded.

Have attached screenshot of the visual symptoms

Many thanks for your offer of help.

Just don’t know which direction to go in!   So any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Cheers,

royfromcolesden

Feb 21, 2021 8:49 AM in response to royfromcolesden

Hello royfromcolesden,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're unable to download apps, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

Which device model, and OS version are you experiencing this issue with?

To get stared, please check out these helpful link:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can't download or update apps on your Mac

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Mar 7, 2021 2:48 PM in response to royfromcolesden

Hello royfromcolesden,

We understand the importance of being able to download applications on your Mac. It sounds like you’ve taken some really great troubleshooting steps so far, so let's continue working on this together.

Does this also occur in a new user account? We'll want to check if there's an issue with any files or settings in the current user account that could be contributing. Here's how to test in a new user account:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Next, let's try to restart your device normally, and try to download your application:

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

If the issue persists, try to restart in safe mode, and test again:

Start up your Mac in safe mode

If the behavior persists or you run into any trouble, please reach out again.

App Store issue: Appears unable to download apps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.