Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS 12.0.1 App Store Issue (14" MacBook Pro)

I have a new MacBook Pro 14, updated to 12.0.1. The macOS App Store is not allowing any app updates or app downloads. When you click on the Get button for a new app, it changes to the circle with the square in the middle, and just spins. When you click update on an existing app, it just flashes UPDATE over and over. I have restarted and shut down several times with no luck. Has anyone run across this?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 10:51 AM

Revised

Personally, would Not Migrate Everything from an Intel Based computer onto a new MBP M1 computer.

Reasons, any issues that are on the Old Computer could be migrated to the New Computer. That would effectively cause issue on the new machine.

Factor in the fact the M1 on Big Sur / Monterey and older applications, extensions etc will not automatically Translate to function on the new machine.

It is suggested to Migrate only the User Account and nothing more.

One can move individual files over at a later date.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2021 10:51 AM in response to bose789

Revised

Personally, would Not Migrate Everything from an Intel Based computer onto a new MBP M1 computer.

Reasons, any issues that are on the Old Computer could be migrated to the New Computer. That would effectively cause issue on the new machine.

Factor in the fact the M1 on Big Sur / Monterey and older applications, extensions etc will not automatically Translate to function on the new machine.

It is suggested to Migrate only the User Account and nothing more.

One can move individual files over at a later date.

Nov 17, 2021 7:15 AM in response to bose789

bose789 wrote:

I have a new MacBook Pro 14, updated to 12.0.1. The macOS App Store is not allowing any app updates or app downloads. When you click on the Get button for a new app, it changes to the circle with the square in the middle, and just spins. When you click update on an existing app, it just flashes UPDATE over and over. I have restarted and shut down several times with no luck. Has anyone run across this?

What exact application are you trying to download/update...maybe this is a clue?

Didn't the MacBook Pro 14" ship with macOS 12.0.1 pre-installed?

See if there is anything here—

If you can't download or update apps on your Mac - Apple ...

Nov 17, 2021 1:15 PM in response to bose789

For these apps:

iMovie

Garage Band

Numbers

Pages

go to the App Store and do a search for each of them. Then you'll be able to download the latest update. I've found that they don't show up in the Updates sections. I have to search for them and download/update.

As for Speediest I just went to its website and downloaded the latest version. I usually visit MacUpdate.com for check for updates. However, I don't download from that site as it has been know to include adware in some of the installers. Instead I go to the developer's site and download from there.

Nov 17, 2021 9:28 AM in response to leroydouglas

Mine came with macOS 12.0, then updated to 12.0.1 once I transferred everything over from my old Mac. There are 8 in total that won't update:

Onenote

Outlook

Speedtest

Slack

Then a number of apple apps:

iMovie

Garage Band

Numbers

Pages

It may have something to do with the 12.0.1 update, I think I was able to update some apps prior to updating to the new OS.

Nov 17, 2021 1:45 PM in response to bose789

Agree with @Old Toad posting on the Not Always showing up although they should.

Interesting reading over here How to Clean Install macOS Monterey Easily Using the New Erase Mac Option

Not suggesting one necessarily does this but interesting. Have not personally attempted and have only seen one other person on the ASC Forums attempt - needless to say in their case - the method would Reinstall the complete OS

macOS 12.0.1 App Store Issue (14" MacBook Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.