Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update Apps through Mac App Store

MacBook Pro 11,3

macOS 10.14.6

I want to update some apps on my Mac via the Mac App Store.

The problem is the App Store won't download any App updates.

When I open the App Store and go to the "Update" section, I see all my apps that need an update.

As soon as I click on "update" on any app the little open circle starts to spin.

After a few seconds, the circle stops spinning and stalls. Even after waiting for 30 minutes nothing happens.

Rebooting my Mac didn't help. My network is working fine and I tried downloading the updates over Wifi and Ethernet.

As of now to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:43 PM

3 replies

Feb 25, 2021 7:59 PM in response to TheObserver88

I think that there are issues on Apple's end today. I've tried to download X Code twice and both times after downloading for like 30 minutes (it's a big file) it fails.

This is unusual.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.;  HomePods, audioOS 14.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Unable to update Apps through Mac App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.