You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and photo

I have such a problem: some photos and videos from the gallery are gone, they are not in the cloud either. where did they go? (I didn’t delete the photo)

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 5:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 6:19 AM

Thank you for the screen shot! I would upgrade your iCloud storage so that you are able to back up all of your photos and any other data you feel you want backed up. (see link in previous message) I would also make sure iCloud Photos and Optimize iPhone Storage is turned on. Turning on iCloud Photos will make sure your photos are backed up to iCloud and Optimize iPhone Storage will help save local storage on your device.

See article below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Hope this helps!

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2020 6:19 AM in response to 21p

Thank you for the screen shot! I would upgrade your iCloud storage so that you are able to back up all of your photos and any other data you feel you want backed up. (see link in previous message) I would also make sure iCloud Photos and Optimize iPhone Storage is turned on. Turning on iCloud Photos will make sure your photos are backed up to iCloud and Optimize iPhone Storage will help save local storage on your device.

See article below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Hope this helps!

Jun 12, 2020 5:39 AM in response to 21p

Hello 21p,

When you say "they are not in the cloud either", are you referring to iCloud.com or the Files app on your phone.

You can also try looking in your deleted folder. If they have been missing for less than 30 days there is a chance they are in that folder.

Go to Photos app > Albums > scroll all the way down > tap "recently deleted. If they are there you will be able to restore them.

Hope this helps!

iCloud and photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.